Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God moments


I have been having some nice little God moments here in the city the past couple of days. Where God does something and you know He is speaking to your heart.

For the past couple of weeks we have been having the normal haze that takes over LA so much of the year in the mornings. Kind of gloomy but it usually burns off by the afternoon. This morning it was different. There was a beautiful sunrise with great cloud formations to show it off. Very different from the grayness it has been lately. I kept wishing I had my camera but I am sure it would not have done it justice. It almost seemed out of character for the city.

Another one of those God moments happened to me last Friday. I wrote a little in my journal about it.

"I am taking the day off today. It is wonderful! Starting with times of silents with God and now I am at the observatory looking out over a foggy city sea. I love the mix of Griffith Park, you are in nature but the city is all around you. You can still hear and even see it if you want but you can also get lost in all of it. It is not like the streams of Colorado, but it has a different beauty all of its own. I am sitting by this amazing tree. I hear all the sounds of the city but it seems far off and the sounds of the bird above me seems to take over."

No comments: