Tuesday, December 2, 2008

my grandpa



My Grandpa went to be with the Lord last Wednesday morning.
I thought it would not be this hard or hurt this
much because he had been sick for a while and knows the Lord and is in now with the Lord. He was ready to go home and now is in no more pain and is
worshiping with the Lord like never before. But it still hurts so much. There is such a
huge loss in my life and my whole families life. Please keep my
Grandma in your prayers too. They would have been married 66 years
last Friday. He was a man so tough he always told us he ate nails for
breakfast, he was so on fire for the Lord you could not help but see
his joy and the light of Christ in his life, and he was the best
example of a prayer warrior I have ever known. i don't want to think
about not having him here and in my life but i know he was ready to be
with the Lord. He was a man that never stopped praising the Lord and
is now doing that all the more.



You could always hear and see the love he had for my grandma. The picture above he is reading her letters while he was stationed in Germany during World War II. He was stationed there during the invasion of Normandy and he lived in fox holes for 11 months during the years he was there. He later got the medal of honor for his heroic acts.

Even in his 80's he was riding his bike with his grandchildren, competing in the senior Olympics (where he won lots of medals) and serving with his church. He was always sharing about the love and grace of God. He was a hero in so many ways!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your grandpa's memory is a blessing to many.

4boysGrandMom said...

Shalom,
I am so very grateful for people like your Grandpa - people who LOVE the Lord and passionately pursue Him. I am grateful for their examples. I am grateful that they are ahead of us, cheering us on, demonstrating faithfulness, encouraging us to persevere. I look forward to meeting your Grandpa some day,

Mary Lee

Gman and Julz said...

your pictures and words are a blessing, thanks for sharing them. I, too, look forward to meeting your grandpa one day - and i hope we have many stories to tell of how his legacy, via Christ, lives on!