Tuesday, November 25, 2008

rain

There is something so relaxing about rain. It is raining tonight, and i love it. ok so i would not love it if i was driving because LA drivers and rain are..... well lets just say not something you want to experience. But i am not driving, i am at home under a large quilt, getting ready to go to sleep to the sound of rain. it also makes it feel more like fall or winter instead of the 90 degree weather we have been having. i love the rain! it rains so rarely in LA it's nice to have these times as long as you don't have to go out. if you have to drive you need to add twice as much time to your travel time because LA drivers get crazy and scared with just a water on the road. kind of funny if you are not out there in it. walking in the rain is another thing all together. one of the things i like to do the most is walk in the rain. it reminds me of college. i went on so many walks in the rain in college, getting soaked but loving it.

1 comment:

Christy Merry said...

You are such a kindred spirit, my darling! I love you!

Recently my friend Amanda from college found me on facebook - & my favorite memory of us was this time when we went on a long walk in a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR (monsoon-like) in Chicago and came back soaked to the skin. We were very refreshed. It also happened to be Halloween...but we didn't know it when we set out. She says we saw some angels & devils while on the walk (costumed ones) which I don't remember, but that seems apropos all the same. :)

It has been a long time since I've enjoyed a good walk in the rain...