Saturday, March 7, 2009

being towed and the kindness of others

Yesterday i was helping a friend do flowers for a wedding she agreed to do. I got to her house around 9am. I parked in a place that was ok to park at until 4pm so i thought i was ok but time got away from me and i forgot to move my car at 4pm. at 4:18 i got a ticket for $78 dollars and then they towed my car. so i had to pay an additional cost of $243.80 so a grand total of $321.80! that is kind of harsh! but i really felt such kindness of others yesterday. a friend of the girl i was helping do the flowers took my to try to get my car. we where not able to get it last night though because we got there at 7:15pm and they closed at 7pm. but it was so nice of this guy i don't even know to try to help me out. He even gave me $40 to help toward the fund to get me car back and would not let me pay him back. The friend i was helping do flowers for also gave me a little so I will end up paying only $231.80. that still sounds like a lot but it could be worse. all i could think about last night was it could be worse. i was blessed to have people help me out to get my car back. i know have it again safe and sound. there are so many worse things that could happen. while i was waiting i saw a guy packing up his things and moving them using a bike cart because he had been evicted from his apt. i have a place to live and friends to help me in times of need. I have a wonderful God that will help provided for me in ways i don't even know. I am so blessed!

ps the car in the picture is not mine

2 comments:

Brian & Sara said...

Wow...sorry to hear about this, but yes, amazing story of friends and strangers helping! Thanks for sharing. And I was going to say, I know that ain't your car! Thanks for sharing this story, Shalom.

Andrea Downs said...

I'm sorry you had to have that happen especially since you were "helping" someone else. But I'm glad you posted your experience and I know God had a reason for that to happen, nothing is by accident or random when you are one of HIS.