Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bluegrass Music

This weekend I went to the Rock Inn Mountain Tavern for Bluegrass Music. It was..... well lets just say I felt like I was in a movie. We went for dinner and one on the appetizers they had was Devil's on Horseback (roasted garlic stuffed, bacon wrapped dates served with homemade garlic aioli), they also had some great buffalo burgers (real buffalo). Dinner was great and then the real fun started. Right were we had been sitting turned into a dance floor. The back ground to the bluegrass band "Glentucky Funkdownw" was tie dye sheets, a big flag, and a large moose head hanging above. There was some great dancing going on with dogs running free all around inside (labs and other big dogs) and a bomb fire outside. Everyone seemed to have 40s even the band's music stands had 40s in them. It was so different and far from anything in LA. It really was a fun night. I am not sure my description did it justice but you will have to just use your imagination.

On a very different note this verse really spoke to me this week. Psalm 25:1-5 "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

I was thinking about the shame that I sometimes hold onto and all the things in my life that are "enemies". It was really powerful to give those to God and to seek Him to guide me.














Rock Inn Tavern

2 comments:

Gman and Julz said...

wow, what a great menu! I'm hungry just reading it! (irony, the date/proscuto thingy has come up 2 in the past week)
Love the verse, too... this is really rich... keep diving in

Christy Merry said...

Crazy! I felt a little like that tonight (in a movie) at a rooftop party in Williamsburg, in the rain watching the fireworks w/a bazillion crazy dancing people. Wish you coulda been there... :)