Friday, July 11, 2008

Family, camping, boulder, and the sound of music


Last weekend my brother Lucas, his wife Angela, my sister Chrissy, and her baby Alexys came to visit. We had one night together and went camping. I love hanging with family and it really was a blessing to be with them.



Then on Wednesday I went to boulder with my project group and did some contact evangelism. It was a great day of learning. Boulder is a very interesting city with a mixture of tourist, locals, and homeless. It was good for people to go out with the intent of sharing Christ's love with people. But is was also a very emotional day for many reasons. One of the leaders in our group found out that morning that her step grandfather had committed suicide. I was able to spend a lot of the day with her, it is a very tragic time. Please keep Kayla and her family in your prayers.



Yesterday I went an a great hike with some friends. I will try to post more pictures later and share about the day. But to sum it up I felt like i was in the sound of music hiking through the mountains. It was pretty amazing.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

you look like your enjoying yourself. God Bless you, your family, your friends, and the mission!!!

Love Teresa

Gman and Julz said...

Love the deer photo! Keep sharin', His promises are awesome!