Thursday, July 17, 2008

Trust

TRUST
This can be a very hard word. What does it really mean to trust God? To trust others? Sometimes we say we are doing that but our actions or heart act differently. Yesterday we were talking about trust in the small group I am coaching. We looked at different people in the Bible and examined their life. Looking at how David, Peter, Job and others trusted God. Looking at their lives and how they trusted God is very challenging. I say I trust God but then I do the " I know this is true but....." thing. Job did the same thing yet with everything he went through he still had hope in our loving and powerful God. I want to have this same faith.

1 comment:

Salt & Light said...

Good comments. One thing I've realized through the years is the difference between trusting God to do something for me and trusting God while He does something with me that I don't particularly like and may not understand at all. It has caused my trust to become much, much deeper. Can't wait to see you on Tues. night. Love, Mom